You are the Vice President of Human Resources for a multinational corporation located within the United States. The company’s current employee training program has not been updated for several years. The program does not address the issues inherent in a global workforce. You have been asked to develop a training proposal to address what you believe are the top 5 challenges in training a multinational managerial workforce.
Write a 5-page proposal that includes the following:
- An explanation of the standard versus tailor-made training strategies
- A description of 4 basic managerial sources of global populations (e.g., home country, host country, third-country nationals, inpatriates, or expatriates) and a comparison of the different needs between the populations
- 5 challenges to training a multinational managerial workforce
- A training proposal to incorporate the 5 identified challenges
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, that you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 5 pages minimum
- Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third person.
- Body: This begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.