Module 3: Assignment: Comparative Essay – Comparison Between Printed Writing and Social Media Writing
This activity aims to compare printed writing and social media writing with an example from the press, using the studied content from point i and iii.
– You will compare printed writing and social media writing, using an example from the press.
– Choose a printed article from the press and a social media post about the theme of the chosen article.
– The social media post can be from Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. It must be from an official source, like a journalist, not an ordinary person.
– On a Word document, write your comparative essay comparing the writing in the printed article and the social media post, using these questions as your guide:
· What type of written communication are these writings: transactional, informational, or instructional? Sustain your response.
· What similitude and differences can you notice between both writings?
· As a reader, which one do you think explains the article’s content better? Sustain your response.
– Your comparative essay should have between 500 and 800 words.
– Remember that your comparative essay should have an introduction with its thesis statement, development, and conclusion.
– Your essay should be from your authorship. Do not copy or quote anything from the module or the Internet.
Be sure to review the
for your submission.
· Submit your assignment by 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday.
· Contribute a minimum of 2 pages of content.