- For the final project, you will be researching a cognitive, genetic or biological delay, or a specific disorder and its impact on language development.
Your assignment this week is to choose a research topic for your project that is most interesting to you and provide the following information:
- Identify and define a delay/disorder that impacts speech and language development.
- Discuss the key characteristics of the delay/disorder.
- Explain why you selected this area of study.
- Share what you hope to learn in your examination of this topic.
- Suggested topics include, but are not limited to, Autism Spectrum Disorder (or related social communication disorder, Aspergers Syndrome, Dyslexia, Hearing Impairment, Down Syndrome, or Williams Syndrome.
See the attached document for complete instructions and grading rubric. Submit your completed assignment to the above submission link by 11:59 p.m. EST, Sunday of Unit 2. Research Topic Selection – Instructions and Rubric