Module 03 Content
- For this assignment, you will use what you’ve learned about symbolic interactionism to develop your own analysis.
Your assignment is to select a television program that you know contains social inequality or social class themes. In 3-5 pages make sure to provide the following:
- Provide a brief introduction that includes the program’s title, describes the type of program, and explains which social theme you are addressing
- Describe and explain scenes that apply to the social theme.
- Identify all observed body language, facial expressions, gestures, posture stances, modes of dress, nonverbal cues, symbols, and any other observed nonverbal forms of communication in the scenes.
- Explain your interpretation of the meanings of the identified nonverbal communications and symbolism.
- Summarize how these interpretations are important to the sociological understanding of your chosen social inequality or social class theme.
- Suggest how your interpretation of the respective meanings might be generalized to society as a whole.
- Submit your completed assignment using the instructions below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. (Mac users, please remember to append the “.docx” extension to the filename.) The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below: