Please note that this is an INDIVIDUAL project.
You have recently assumed the role of CFO at your company. The company’s CEO is looking to expand its operations by investing in new property, plant, and equipment. You are asked to do some capital budgeting analysis that will determine whether the company should invest in these new plant assets.
Signature Assignment Parameters
By the end of Week 3 – select a company, download the most recent copy of the company’s 10-K report, and submit your company choice to your professor for approval.
The parameters for deliverable are as follows.
- The firm is looking to expand its operations by 10% of the firm’s net property, plant, and equipment. (Calculate this amount by taking 10% of the property, plant, and equipment figure that appears on the firm’s balance sheet.)
- The estimated life of this new property, plant, and equipment will be 12 years. The salvage value of the equipment will be 5% of the property, plant and equipment’s cost.
- The annual EBIT for this new project will be 18% of the project’s cost.
- The company will use the straight-line method to depreciate this equipment. Also assume that there will be no increases in net working capital each year. Use 35% as the tax rate in this project.
- The hurdle rate for this project will be the WACC that you are able to find on a financial website, such as Gurufocus.com. If you are unable to find the WACC for a company, contact your instructor. He or she will assign you a WACC rate.
Rough draft of the assignment