1.4 Assignment Journal. Capstone Reflection Journal: Exploration of Topic of Interest
As you continue through the MA in Psychology program, you will reflect on the area of psychology you might want to focus on. Consider all that you have learned thus far as you work on this journal assignment.
Upon successful completion of this assignment, you will be able to:
· Reflect on an area of specialization for future coursework.
· Suggest topics for research that align with the chosen area of specialization.
Scientific Advances in Positive Psychology
· Video: The Pursuit of Ignorance
· Video: Experimental Methods: A Case Study—Core Concepts in Psychology
In PSY-530, you wrote about topics related to life coaching and positive psychology and industrial/organizational psychology that you were considering as a topic for that course, as well as your own specialization.
1. Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
2. Watch the following videos: (transcripts are included with these videos.)
The Pursuit of Ignorance
by Stuart Firestein.
3. Open your on-going
Capstone Reflection Journal that you have saved in a Word document.
4. Title this new journal entry 1.5 Exploration of Topics of Interest, <Day, Month Year>. As you write your journal during this session, reflect on the following questions:
a. What is the literature saying about my topic of interest?
b. What is confusing to me about the articles I am reading?
c. What am I really wanting to know about my topic?
d. Now is the time to hone your question or hypothesis for your research proposal.
5. Your entry should be a minimum of 400 words.